Friday, August 29, 2008

Can you hear me now... Uh, No!

Well my audio issues continue, but I seem to have found a small glimmer of hope or should I say I hear a slight peep of relief instead. I like Engadget and they have reported other Uverse users are having the same issues. They also report that Cisco set-top-boxes appear to be the answer to this problem.

The only thing is this article was back in June and I'm having the problem now. I spoke with a level 2 support and it sounds like testing in various areas is underway with the new boxes. Claims are it fixes the issue, but as to when they will be available in my area, its unknown.

Looks like I'll have to deal with what I got and I'm expecting the Support to call back after they speak with Sales on a possible credit for the current problems. I'm fine with that for now and hope that they'll get the new boxes in this area soon. I told them I would gladly test out the new boxes for them and new services in this area even. Rather nice of me to offer that, right?

A tech is expected to look at another little issue with the bedroom box locking up on us. Hopefully he'll have an easy fix for that. They did a few things outside and it seems to have crept up after that work took place.

I don't want to complain to much, a buddy of mine can't get the service at all and what really sucks is his house is the only house in his neighborhood with that problem, talk about a crazy situation.

No comments: