Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A mole, a dog, and the kids knocking next door

I'm trying to get some lunch going for the family and my wife said, "the dog is doing something in the backyard". I look up and she calls me outside to look into. She thinks the dog has a mouse.

Crazy looking thing, not what I expected to see and I'm having a hard time telling which end is the head and which is the tail. After researching more later I find out it was a mole.

If only our problem would have ended here. See we need to sweep the whole backyard and make sure its not some poisoned rodents through out the yard. That's when my wife says, "Our neighbors Trojan boxes have been thrown behind the shed".

"What?" trying to process everything, its been so long since I've seen a box of those. Then it hits me and I know what is going on. Flashback weeks to when we had the Tree guy out to give an estimate. He noticed through the fence a couple kids fooling around (during the day I remind you). I thought perhaps I should have said something at that point, but I didn't want to be the guy next door telling on everything I see.

I couldn't let this one go though, mind you at least they are being safe kids, but I don't want the open boxes, wrapper, and yes the goods dumped in my yard. My wife is disgusted, as I, but its out of our hands. The kid next door has told Dad, "it's not me, you know me Dad..." Dad has to believe him as he looks at the hickey on his sons neck. At least I was able to let the family next door know that someone has been getting in their backyard during the day to pass the time. I really feel for the kid next door, someone sure is making him look bad... Yeah RIGHT!!!!

No comments: