Monday, September 19, 2005

Goooaaaalllllllllll !

Last game for the season and it was a tough game. We play 7 on 7 in a Co-Ed league and we play no more than three guys out in the field, a fourth guy can be the goalie. That leaves the rest of the team made up of three girls. Pretty much the make up runs like this and we normally have a sub for every person (goalie plays the whole game).

Last night we had the goalie, three guys, and five girls. That meant that the guys would be running around like crazy for the whole night. We ended up subing one of the girls in for guys at times. The game was a lot harder with out the extra subs to give everyone a brake. I've been playing more defense lately, but we've done a pretty good job at covering and letting each other make some moves up the field. Believe it or not, switching and falling back to defense can give someone a little bit of a brake at times in Indoor.

This season I've also been limited in my right leg some, I pulled a Quadricep early on in the season and its been hard to really take shots with the stronger leg. So I've been working on my left more and I had at least one power shot from the left last night. I normally just dribble and try to get in places to feed the ball to others when I move up the field.

Last night towards the last minute of the game I had pushed up and my chance finaly came. I turned with the ball and headed towards the goal and was pretty much one on one with the goalie at this point and with my right I nailed it towards the mid to upper righthand side of the box and out of reach from the goalie. I scored, its all I really wanted, just one goal for the season. Its a part of the game that makes you feel good, when you take a nice shot and place it just out of reach of the goalie.

I'm looking forward to next season, maybe I'll try for two goals now.

No comments: