Saturday, February 12, 2011

Do You Wanna Touch?

I started watching the film The Runaways (2010), starring Kristen Stewart as Joan Jett, who was one of the founding members of the all-girl rock group, The Runnaways, and this suddenly brought back memories of the first Live concert I had attended as a teenager.

My wife had started up the movie via Netflix tonight and I wasn't sure what I was about to watch here at the start and was really surprised to see how much Kristen Stewart looked like Joan Jett and then I realized what this movie was really going to be about.

So a little later on into the film you see Joan Jett at rock club and can hear a version of "Do You Wanna Touch" by Gary Glitter being played, which happens to be one of my favorite songs that was covered later by Joan Jett during her solo career. I decided to search and see if I could find the original video here on the web, you have to just love the Internet for stuff like this.



I really like the Joan Jett & The Black Hearts version and I can remember very well when this version of the video actually hit Mtv... yes, way back in the day when they actually played music videos and when it was a cool station to watch. But I also remember attending her concert at Six Flags Over Texas and I believe the Live footage of the concert fans was in fact filmed out in that parking lot concert area. Some where in that crowd of fans just might be me waving my arms in the air.



I've seen her live only one other time since then and I'm much older now, but I think she still Rocks! I enjoyed the movie and learning more about the Runaways as well.

3 comments:

Bob Newhouse said...

uhm, it is still cool to watch MTV, you and I just ain't cool anymore. It's the highest rated cable channel for "the kids". Kids these days, huh?

Abbey said...

I've been meaning to watch this . . . I love Joan Jett :)

zzccff said...

Any younger generation stands out as the most beautiful in time our lifestyle,Monster Surpasses exactly what so very happy to become a small undergraduate that features a beautiful deal with along with a wide range of interest Beats by Dr Dre by Monster Headphone NHL. Properly, I have to thank be wonderful reasons for us particularly the price reduction Monster facility earbuds headsets, simply because make it possible for myself to enjoy the particular unheard of benefit together with contentment inside the stay new music live concert. The current technologies is ideal exhibited throughout consumers wonderful earphones Beats by Dr Dre by Monster Lady Gaga Earphone. I prefer convey the cheap sounds simply by dr . dre earphones when The year progresses, so that I could experience the live show every time and then for any position Beats by Dr Dre by Monster Tour Earphone. Any assorted audio meal is in the top-ranking Monster earphones. You'll let loose each of the stress and downturns while you receive Monster defeats medical professional dre.
Nothing in life may be more really potent as popular music. Music and songs may be the vital component within the higher excellent living. Consumers low cost earphones out of Monster Sounds by just dre are considered the indispensable. The great lifetime direct by way of Monster Bests might be an important movement. Given that the high-powered recording studio dre is better than will always make the music notices far more fervent in addition to apparent.