Friday, April 17, 2009

What's that in your PockeTwit there?

Is that twitter or you just happy to see me? I think its my favorite app so far to date. Ok, I really haven't downloaded to many Apps, but I have to say that PockeTwit is very slick and works well with my XV6900 Touch phone.

If you haven't heard about Twitter, well I'm really not sure where you've been lately. Fact is Social Marketing is growing by leaps and bounds and Twitter is one of the popular ones by far. Known as micro blogging to most of us, Twitter allows you to post messages of 140 characters about things your doing or thinking about.

The main screen loads nicely with the avatar images of the people your following and has their message off to the right hand side. You can slide out various menu options from the left and right hand sides of the screen. I think the menus work really well with the touch features of the phone.

I've already had to rethink my phone usage and found out with a major shock, that my charges for Data were out the roof. Seems a lot of text messages and updates to an from Twitter can really add up.

So I know have a text plan for the phone that should work out better and I've added a nice package for Internet Data usage as well. By far this is a lot cheaper than what was happening and I didn't really like it when Customer Service said, "You would have had an outrageous bill at the end of the month."

In closing, the one thing my phone doesn't have is Wi-fi, but other than that feature, I'm really pleased with the features and performance of my new PDA phone.

No comments: