Thursday, July 10, 2008

Uverse goes all in for the win

The deed is done, DirecTV will lose us as a loyal customer as of August 16th. The new kid in town is Uverse from AT&T and they will have our eyes, ears, and minds for the time being when we start using their services.

As a last ditch effort DirecTV tried to offer us a price freeze, a free HD/Tivo box for a promise of staying another 24 months with them. To late though and they could not match the $200 cash back offer from AT&T.

The bad thing is the costs went up with DirecTV and we'll still pay the same with Uverse, but the plus side is we get the HD DVR services, the ability to record 4 shows at the same time. No cost to setup and the first month is free.

So the cycle of leaving someone and becoming a new customer starts over again. Maybe some day a company will figure out a way to give us a little cheaper price after staying with them for 3 years. Sure would be nice if they had done something like that instead of raising prices and causing us to look for something else.

I hope the service and features will be great and I think having HD will make it that much better in the long run. I'd rather not have to shop around again and I'll have to look at ways to cut costs in other areas and save money. I'll report back in August on how things are going with the new Entertainment & High Speed services U-verse has to offer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to disappoint, but Uverse is more talk than show. Those 4 channels you can record? 2 HD, if they rolled out the 2 HD streams to your area, and 2 standard. The DVR software is terrible, especially if you've used Tivo.

robowerks said...

I'm not disappointed, fact is I don't have a Tivo HD and I'll have to see if I run into an issue that requires me to record more than 1 or 2 HD streams. Its not like all channels will be in HD. I think I'll be happy with it. Nothing wrong with learning new stuff too. Thanks for your thoughts now.