Wednesday, March 29, 2006

It's a Girl!

Well the wait is now over and I'm proud to announce the arrival of Viola Marie to everyone. She was born on March 27, 2006 at 5:04pm and weighed in at 7lb 7oz and is 19.5 inches long.

It's hard to explain the joy an excitement in watching a new life enter the world. First the head and then shoulders, followed by arms as we build up to the big finale and see the waist and legs. At last the wait is over and I see we have a little girl. Freya has a little Sister now.

Quickly she's laid on top of mother and introduced for the first time. I cut the cord and then they take her over and check her out more and clean her up. I quickly snap some pictures and film some video to help brake the news to the whole family waiting in the lobby.

Grandmother and Oma happen to be waiting right outside of the room as I come out with a Camera & Video Camera, so I was able to tell them first. I made my way to see my daughter who wished for a baby sister and I was happy to tell her that her wish had come true. She had hoped to name the baby Arial Snow White and even the same if the outcome would have been a boy. I told her that could be her special name for Viola.

Next Freya and I bring the whole family back to see Viola for the first time and with Freya leading the proud family on back. She's the perfect proud big sister and will be a big help for sure over the next few days, weeks, and months to come.

Being surprised and keeping the names a secret till the end is fun for us. If we decide to have a 3rd child, I'm not sure if we'll find out or not, but for now we are keeping the name of the boy a secret and I guess we'll have to come up with another name for a girl. We have a lot of time to think about all of that though.

No comments: